The timeframe for the project is as follows:
- UNDERSTAND – Starting November 2013, involving team analysis of the existing document, and opportunities and constraints for development, as well as background preparation of information.
- CHALLENGE – Starting February 2014, Phase 1 community engagement, involving vision workshop, business survey, and testing of Masterplanning scenarios with the community and technical teams. View results here.
- DEVELOP – Starting May 2014, assess all feedback and prepare draft Masterplan and strategies ready for exhibition.
- REFINE – Starting Mid 2015, undertake a Design Review to assess how the draft Masterplan and the Beach Reserve Plan of Management work together, and test how the two Plans will work together.
- INTEGRATE – Starting June 2016, integrate the recommendations of the Design Review and finalise the draft document.
- CONSULT – Starting October 2016, workshop traffic and parking issues with the community and traders; and then by placing the draft Masterplan on exhibition for community comment in early 2017.
- INTEGRATE – Starting February 2017, integrate the recommendations of the additional traffic and parking analysis.
- EXHIBIT – May/June 2017, exhibit the draft Masterplan and seek feedback from the community and stakeholders.
- REVIEW – Starting June 2017, analysis of submissions made during public exhibition of the draft Masterplan.
- INTEGRATE – After exhibition, integrate feedback from the community and stakeholders into the final Masterplan.
- DELIVER – After exhibition, seek Council approval and endorsement of the final Masterplan, with the ultimate aim to implementation of the Plan in stages as money becomes available.