Coffs Harbour City Council is committed to ongoing development and revitalisation to the entire City.
Since the last Masterplan for Woolgoolga Town Centre was published in 1996, Woolgoolga has undergone a number of changes and challenges associated with the construction of a major chain supermarket, the Pacific Highway Bypass, and a tight economy.
The project will involve exploring opportunities and constraints to deliver:
- improved connections between the three business centres for pedestrians, vehicles, cyclists and public transport;
- better defined roles and points of difference for the three business centres;
- appropriate commercial and activation opportunities for commercially vibrant and attractive business centres;
- connections between the Town Centre and the beach / headland;
- welcoming gateways with a clear sense of arrival and orientation for tourists;
- opportunities for visitor destinations, activities and accommodation; and
- clear directions for urban built form and for desired future character.